Third Guatemalan School of Astrophysics
Segundo nivel edificio T-1
Ciudad Universitaria, USAC. Zona 12
Unfortunately this year there is no financial aid for hotel and travel
- The registration to GUASA 2017 must be done by this form. To fill the form you will need:
- Course transcripts.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A recomendation letter that must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Deadline for application will be October 10.
- Accepted students will be notified by email. The participants list will be published by mid October the latest.
- Accepted students will have to pay a fee by November 8:
- Q. 100.00 (or equivalent in USD) for active students.
- Q. 250.00 (or equivalent in USD) for non students.
- There will be exoneration of fee for a limited number of students.
The Third GUAtemalan School of Astrophysics (GUASA) focuses on the cutting edge developments and discoveries related to Compact Objects and astrophysical emissions related to them. There will be lectures that will cover a wide range of topics related to this exciting and developing branch of astrophysics. Starting with white dwarfs, neutron stars and cataclismic events related to them as well as how we can detect them. We will go deeper in our current understanding of these objects addressing topics such as structure, formation and the evolution. Last but not least, we will hold a series of sessions in which we will discuss the current status about emissions related to them and the way to detect them in different wavelenghts.